The Model 7072T is a unique dual channel device that can operate either as an ultra fast analog-to-digital converter with a fixed conversion time of 500 ns*, a time-to-digital converter (TDC) or an analog SVA . The 7072T is ideally suited for high counting rate applications in energy and time Spectroscopy. The combined ADC/TDC function finds applications in time resolved photon, ion-, neutron- and X-ray imaging.
The built-in Single Channel Analyzer has a separate output on the front panel. This output can be used in the ADC and SVA mode. An analog output is available for monitoring the TDC.
In the SVA mode a voltage level or waveform can be sampled when a gate signal is applied.
*) Conversion time of ADC. For dead time calculation add time-to-peak and 100 ns transfer time to data buffer.
- Three individually selectable modes of operation for each input channel:
- ADC mode with 500 ns Fixed Conversion Time
- TDC mode with <<25 ps Time Resolution
- ADC/SVA (Analog Sampled Voltage Analysis) mode
- Full 8k Conversion Gain and Range
- Dual 10-LED Indicator bar for Instantaneous Dead-Time display, level setting
- Lower Level and Upper Level Discriminator on each ADC input
- Three modes of operation independently selectable for each input channel: Pulse Height Analysis with automatic peak detection / Time-to-Digital conversion and Analog Input Sampling selectable by frontpanel switch
- Simultaneous Single-Channel Output / TDC Monitor
- Designed for easy interfacing to our MCA-3, SPA-3, MPA-3, MPA4, MPA4T multichannel analyzers, MCA's from other manufacturers (special cable and external ADC interface required)
Size: single width NIM module (1.35 x 8.71 inches;
3.43 x 22.13 cm) as per TID - 20893
Shipping weight: 1.8 kg (net 1.0 kg), Front Panel Control push-buttons
Conversion Range: Push button switch selects quantization of 256, 512, 1k, 2k, 4k, or 8k channels for full scale input.
Time Range: Push button switch selects full scale time range of 50 ns, 100 ns, 200 ns, 500 ns, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 µs
Coincidence/Anticoincidence: Push button switch selects COINCIDENCE/ANTICOINCIDENCE mode
LLD: adjustment by up/down pushbutton sets the lower level discriminator. The voltage is displayed on the DEADTIME/LEVEL LED indicator and output on the monitor connector for precise adjustment
ULD: adjustment by up/down pushbutton sets the upper level discriminator. The voltage is displayed on the DEADTIME/LEVEL LED indicator and output on the monitor connector for precise adjustment
Front Panel Mode Control Switches
PHA: Pulse Height Analysis mode.
SVA: Analog Sampled Voltage Analysis
TDC: Time to Digital Converter
DEADTIME/LEVEL: Dual 10 LED-bar indicates activity of the ADC. Range 0 to 100% deadtime or actual voltage level indication of ULD and LLD setting
RANGE/MODE: ADC range 256 to 8k in binary steps, TDC range from 50 ns to 20 µs full scale.
|ADC Performance||Conv. Range 4K||Conv. Range 8K|
|Resolution: 500 ns flattop pulses||<3.4 chan FWHM|
|Integral Nonlinearity linear fit||+/-0,16% typical||+/-0,16% typical|
|Differential Nonlinearity incl. Effects of int.NL||+/-0,7%||+/-1,1%|
|Differential Nonlinearity for 99% of useable channels||+/-0,5%||+/-0,7%|
|Counting Rate Capability||> 1.000.000 events/s|
|Peak shift up to 700 kcounts/s SVA mode||+/-0,006%|
|Peak shift up to 1.000 kcounts/s SVA mode||+/-0,08%|
|Unused channels||approx. Top 1% of range|
|TDC Performance||Conversion Rang 8K|
|Resolution @ 50 ns time range||< 4.1 chan FWHM|
|Integral Nonlinearity 50 ns range, linear fit||+/-0,12% typical|
|Differential Nonlinearity 50 ns range||+/-0,5%|
|Differential Nonlinearity for 99% of useable channels||+/-0,4%|
|Counting Rate Stability up to 100 kcounts/s||+/-0,003%|