MPA4T: Multiparameter TOF System
8 channel acquisition system with 6 ns time tagging + 64 bit 5/(6) INPUTS 100ps MULTISTOP
The MPA4T is a combination of a high resolution Multistop TOF System (1 START, 5 STOPS, 54 bit dynamic range) with a Multiparameter Data Acquisition System (4 or 8 channels).
100 ps per time bin, multiple-event time digitizer (TDC)
It can be used in ultra-fast Multi-scaler and TOF systems, in Time-of-Flight mass-spectrometry and time-resolved single ion- or photon counting. NEW !! Pulse-width evaluation with 100 ps precision enables the user to calculate the area, the pulse height of the detector pulse but also if multiple events have occurred - multiple events have a broader pulse width than single pulses.
In operation the sweep is started by a user-supplied start (trigger) pulse. Then subsequent events detected at the stop inputs are recorded, each in a specific time bin corresponding to the time of arrival relative to the start pulse. Compared to non-multi-hit devices, the MPA4T can evaluate stop events at a rate of 10 GHz state changes/sec, in the pulse width mode at 5 GHz. The MPA4T is designed with fully digital circuitry capable of accepting at least 65.000 events at peak (burst) input rates of up-to 10 Gbit per second.
The MPA4T has been optimized for the best possible pulse pair resolving while providing state-of-the-art time resolution available in digital designs. Six built-in discriminators can be adjusted for a wide range of signal levels. The single sweep time range enables the user to take data of up to 20 days (54 bit setting) or 30 min (44 bit setting with 16 TAG bits enabled), with a time resolution of 100 ps. In endless and wrap-around mode sweep repetitions with zero end-of-sweep dead time can be accommodated.
The high-performance hardware is matched by a sophisticated WINDOWS-based software delivered with each MPA4T - providing a powerful graphical user interface for setup, data transfer and spectral data display. Drivers for LINUX are available.
Multiparameter System (4 or 8 channels)
The MPA4T Multiparameter System is designed as an ultra fast list mode system with input ports for 4 or 8 ADCs, multiscalers or time-of-flight devices. 16-bit Ports can be combined to 32- or even 64-bit ports. For dependent single- and multiparameter acquisitions coincidence resolving times from approx. 20 ns (in steps of 20ns) to more than 1.3 ms can be selected. Eight 100 MHz 32-bit scalers are optionally available.
In "single mode" a 64 bit event word is inserted for each ADC. It can contain in addition to the ADC data the time in units of 6.4 ns (32 bits) and the sweep number (9 bits) for correlation with the TOF part. This mode is very interesting also for multiparameter applications as the time for each individual ADC event is available separately.
In "coincident" mode the event word has a variable length of multiples of 64 bit. It contains the ADC data of valid conversions within the coincidence time window, and may contain in addition the time of the event with 6.4 ns resolution (up to 48 bit), the sweep counter (up to 48 bit) and counter data of up to three scalers. It is possible to select special event patterns to drop unwanted events and reduce the amount of list data.
A 1 kHz timer word is inserted every millisecond. It is used for counting the real- and live time for each ADC. A Realtime preset using this timer is implemented in the hardware. The timer word can contain in addition the sweep number (16 bits) and the scaler #1 data.
Three auxiliary inputs/outputs are available, either as inputs to start a coincidence time window or mark events, or as outputs to monitor selected signals. One of them can be used to reject events.
TDC inputs and ADC inputs can be used simultaneously. ADC data are then recorded only during a sweep is running. This enables new experiments that were not possible before.
The MPANT for MPA4T software is a 32-bit or native 64-bit operating program developed to run under Microsoft Windows-XP/Vista/7/8 (32 or 64 bit). It is possible to define several single- and dual parameter spectra which can be simultaneously acquired and displayed. Calculated parameters can be defined to do evaluation of position-dependent detectors or any other applications.
One can accumulate single and multiparameter spectra in the RAM of the PC. Multiple windows of single and dual parameter spectra can be simultaneously displayed. List data can be stored on the local hard disk device or any other directly addressable storage device. Replay software for evaluation of list files is already implemented in the software and for pure TDC data available without extra cost.
|MPA4T-4||Multiparameter-4 system, 4 ADC interfaces, RTC, 5+1 Input 10GHz TOF-Multiscaler, 100ps, 1GB Fifo, USB interfaces, MPA-NT Software||MPA4T4|
|MPA4T-8||Multiparameter-4 system, 8 ADC interfaces, RTC, 5+1 Input 10GHz TOF-Multiscaler, 100ps, 1GB Fifo, USB interfaces, MPA-NT Software||MPA4T8|
|MPA4-FIFO2||Option 1GB Fifo extra (2GB total)||MPA4F2|
|MPA4RTC||Real Time Clock for ADC ports, 48 bits, 6.4 ns resolution||MPA4RTC|
|MPA4COUNT||Octal Counter / Scaler option for MPA4 / MPA4T, 32 bit, 8 channels, 100 MHz||MPA4C|
|MPA4UP-DN||Dual UP / DOWN option for MPA4 / MPA4T, requires MPA4COUNT||MPA4UD|
|MPA4TAG||TAG bit option for MPA4T, 16 bits, 6.4 ns resolution||MPA4TAG|
|MPA4-C1||TAG / Counter cable for MPA4 / MPA4T, converts 37-pin D-SUB to 18 1.5m BNC cables||MPA4C1|
|MPA4-C2||TAG / Counter cable for MPA4 / MPA4T, converts 37-pin D-SUB to 18 1.5m Lemo cables||MPA4C2|
|MPA4RPlay||MPA4 / MPA4T Replay software for off-line reconstr. of spectra from listmode, internal||MPA4S5|
|MPA4RPlayEx||MPA4 / MPA4T Replay software for off-line reconstr. of spectra from listmode, Dongle||MPA4S6|
|MPA4RPlay+Ex||MPA4 / MPA4T Replay software for off-line reconstruction, Dongle + internal||MPA4S7|
|MPA4TDLL32||DLL for LabVIEW /“C“/ Visual Basic (32 bit) for the MPA4T||MPA4S3|
|MPA4TLINUX||LINUX drivers for MPA4T||MPA4S4|
Multiple-event Time Digitizer (TDC)
- Exceptionally high count rate Time Spectrometry System with 100 ps time resolution
- 5 (6) input channels (START input can be used like a 6th STOP channel)
- Time range from nanoseconds to 20 days with 100 ps time resolution (54 bit dynamic range)
- Stop pulses are evaluated either for rising, falling edge or both at 10 GHz. For the first time this allows to obtain data on pulse-width with 100 ps precision
- "Constant fraction" evaluation of input pulses - interpolates between falling and rising edge
- Minimum time between rising and falling edge is 100 ps
- Maximum input rates up to 10 Gbit/s
- High data transfer rate to PC by dual USB bus
- Six operating modes: Stop after sweep, sequential, multi start recording, pulse width (TOT - time over threshold and TUT - time below threshold) and time interval. (Autocorrelation optional)
- Fully digital design, no software corrections required
- Start- and Stop-Inputs via built-in -2V...+3V discriminators (threshold +/-1.5V adjustable in steps of 183µV)
- No dead time between time bins, No missed events, No double counting
- On-board 1024 x 6.4ns fast FIFO for ultra fast data acquisition.
- Secondary 1GB FIFO (2 GB FIFO opt.) to buffer list-mode or on-line histogramming data transfer into the PC
- Simultaneous acquisition and data transfer to PC
- On-line sweep summing
- Two versatile, software configurable Sync-outputs for triggering of external devices (FAST NIM, TTL)
- Tag inputs (16) with 6.4 ns time resolution (i.e. for sequential data acquisition, multi-detector configurations, etc.)
- Presettable 48 bit sweep counter; programmable acquisition delay, programmable number of time bins and programmable trigger hold-off after sweep
- User configurable "GO"-line for experiment synchronization (compatible with other FAST ComTec devices)
- 8-bit digital I/O port
- Internal test pulser
Ultra fast Multiparameter Multichannel Analyzer
- Different versions allow the flexible configuration of 4 or 8 parameter systems
- Large 2 GB FIFO enables extraordinary high burst count rates and buffering data without without any loss at a continuous throughput of 35 MB/sec.
- Parallel interfaces for (16 bit) ADCs and/or other compatible frontends like Multiscalers, Position Analyzers, Time-of-Flight devices etc.
- 16-bit Ports can be combined to 32- or even 64-bit ports.
- TDC inputs and ADC inputs can be used simultaneously. ADC data are then recorded only during a sweep is running. This enables new experiments that were not possible before.
- Single mode ADC data with time in units of 6.4 ns (32 bits) and sweep number (9 bits) for correlation with the TDC part
- 1 kHz timer word is inserted every millisecond for counting the real- and live time for each ADC.
- A Realtime preset using this timer is implemented in the hardware.
- The timer word can contain in addition the sweep number (16 bits) and the scaler #1 data.
- Coincidence mode with resolving times from approx. 20 ns (in steps of 20ns) to more than 1.3 ms
- Coincidence data may contain the time of the event with 6.4 ns resolution (up to 48 bit), the sweep counter (up to 48 bit) and counter data of up to three scalers, and two signal bits from auxiliary inputs.
- Each ADC and two auxiliary inputs can be enabled seperately to start a coincidence time window or not.
- It is possible to select special event patterns to drop unwanted events and reduce the amount of list data.
- Three auxiliary inputs/outputs are available, either as inputs to start a coincidence time window or mark events, or as outputs to monitor selected signals.
- One of them can be used to reject events.
- Eight 32-bit 100 MHz Scalers (option), all presettable. Individual and common gate. Preset load by external input possible (option).
- Precise start and stop simultaneously with ADC's, TDC inputs and external devices by use of GO-Line.
- Scalers #2 and #3 can be used as up/down counters with extern controllable count direction.
- Carry out on Scalers #1 and #2 for 64-bit preset capability
Sophisticated MPANT Windows software
- 32-bit and native 64-bit operating program developed to run under Microsoft Windows-XP/Vista/7/8 (32 or 64 bit).
- For each parameter a single- parameter spectra is automatically defined and displayed.
- It is possible to define several single- and dual parameter spectra in addition which can be simultaneously acquired and displayed.
- Calculated parameters can be defined to do evaluation of position-dependent detectors or any other applications.
- ROIs in single- and dualparameter spectra can be defined and evaluated.
- Rectangular, polygonal, circular and ring ROIs in dualparameter spectra.
- Projections and slices
- Conditions can be set on events inside or outside an ROI, conditions can be combined.
- Replay software for evaluation of list files is already implemented in the software and for pure TDC data available without extra cost.
- TOF Time-of-Flight Spectrometry with exceptional dynamic-range and time resolution
- Position Sensitive Detectors (delay line type: start, 2 x 2 delay signals, time / anode)
- Multi-scaling with very high burst count rates
- Pulse width evaluation with 100 ps precision
- Static TOF SIMS secondary electron Mass-spectrometry - used for example in analyzing molecules from biological samples
- Quantum Cryptography research
- Laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy in biological samples
- Laser-induced photo-electron spectrometry to analyze the electronic state
- of gas and solid state samples
- Single photon / single molecule counting
- Multi-level measurements e.g.for mass spectroscopy with very strong (pile up) lines by pairing input channels
- LIDAR (1.5 cm spatial resolution)
- Six - channel ultra high speed and huge memory logic analyzer
- Evaluation of logic circuits / search for spurious signals
- "Area measurement" in high energy physics
- by width measurement of pulses with constant shape
- Multiparameter / correlation / coincidence measurements
- Ultra fast multiparameter list mode data acquisition with up to 16 external ADCs, multiscalers or Time-of-Flight front-ends
- Ultra fast single parameter list mode data acquisition
- Ultra fast multi-spectrum acquisition and display