- Includes digital pulse shaping amplifier, MCA, and power supplies
- Compatible with all Amptek SDD, Si-PIN, and CdTe-diode detectors
- Supports detectors from other manufacturers, and both reset and feedback preamplifiers of either polarity
- Highly configurable
- Trapezoidal, and new Cusp shaping with wide range of peaking times to optimize performance
- High count rate capability with excellent baseline stability, throughput, and pile-up rejection
- Up to 8k output MCA channels
- Oscilloscope mode - DAC output for pulse monitoring and adjustment
- 8 single channel analyzer outputs
- Interfaces: RS-232, USB, Ethernet, I2C, auxiliary
- Software for PC data acquisition and control
- Software Developer’s Kit included (SDK)
- High voltage bias adjustable ±100V to ±1.5 kV (Higher voltages available as a custom option.)
- Thermoelectric cooler with feedback
- Operates from +5 V DC supply (AC power adapter included)
- X-ray and gamma ray detectors
- Nuclear Instrumentation
- Portable, battery operated systems
- OEM & Special Applications
- Process Control
- Research and Teaching
The Amptek PX5 interfaces between (1) an X-ray and gamma-ray detector with its preamplifier and (2) a computer running data acquisition and control software. Designed principally to support Amptek s XR100 series of SDD, Si-PIN, and CdTe detectors, it can be used with many other radiation detectors and preamplifiers, including HPGe detectors. It is compatible with both reset and feedback preamplifiers of either polarity. The PX5 includes (1) a high performance digital pulse processor (replacing a conventional shaping amplifier), (2) a multichannel analyzer, and (3) both low and high voltage power supplies (±10).
The PX5 offers several advantages over traditional systems, including improved performance (very high resolution, reduced ballistic deficit, higher throughput, and enhanced stability), many more configuration options to optimize the system, and many communications and output options. The PX5 is based on Amptek’s latest generation of digital pulse processing technology, also used in the DP5 family of products.
The PX5 is compatible with both 32 and 64 bit operating systems, including Windows 7.
Block diagram of the PX5 in a complete system
We offer Amptek products in Europe only, other customers please contact Amptek directly.