- Converts very low currents to frequency or to voltage with a linearity better than 0.3% for the frequency output, better than 0.1% for the voltage output
- High sensitivity - up to 25 pA/mV voltage output or 25 pA/kHz frequency output
- Three models ACUF4-1, ACUF4-2 and ACUF4-3 offer different input sensitivity
- Low noise design with very low leakage current and wide dynamic range
- 50 nA to 1000 nA full scale current range
- Pulse frequency (TTL) and voltage output, optical pulse output
The IUF-Series Current-to-Frequency and Current-to- Voltage converters is a compact device that can be mounted close to the signal source such as a Faraday Cup, Ion-Chambers, etc. and can transmit the voltage or frequency output to such devices as transient recorders, ADC's, digital volt meters (DVM) or multiscalers. The optical output enables the user to bridge large differences of voltage levels. A fiber optical cable and receiver is
included with every IUF module. Either positive or negative inputs are accepted (bipolar inputs only for voltage output). The output voltage or frequency is directly proportional to the input signal. By counting the output pulses per unit time, one gets the high resolution current information. Integration of the input signal may be obtained over the counting duration which gives the total charge accumulated. A very high (2 MHz full scale) output frequency provides exceptional resolution at short counting periods. The IUF models can be used as a digital current integrator. A typical application is a beam current digitizer.