Multichannel Analyzers / Questions and Answers
- I have a customer trialling the MCA4-1 and he has asked if we can do repeat counts that store the result after each count.
- I have a question about the MCA4. When collecting events in the list mode, is it possible to reset the time stamp using a periodic external signal?
- Is the MCA4 a Wilkinson or fixed time constant ADC? We are interested in the high energy end of the spectrum (~8V), but vast majority of counts are low energy ~1V. How does FAST stack up against 100 MHz Wilkinson ADC in processing those low energy pulses?
- Is the MCA4 or the MCA4-2 an alternative to the functionality of the MPA-3/2P 2 parameter MPA-3 system? This is for acquisition and display of analog (0-5V) X and Y position data from a position-sensitive detector.
- In the MCA4 it is included a dual fast MCS option. Only two channels? Is it possible to add one more option for the other two channels? Do I need to purchase one TAG bit option for each channel? Is the Replay Software included also in the MCA4-MP2 System?
- What is the MCA4-MPASW2 / 4 software? If it is the multi parameter software for the MCA4-MP2 / 4, it should be supplied with them. Instead, I see the standard MPANT in the description. The configuration of those new systems are not completely clear to me
- We now have win7. Could you please assist us with the installations for our P7888?
- What about Windows 8?
- We want to use an external TTL trigger signal to start or stop or clear an acquisition, thus allowing to record sequential spectra. What would be the best way to achieve this? What signal should we use (TRIGGER? GO Line? Other I/O?).