Multichannel Analyzer MCA4 / Questions and Answers
- I have a question about the MCA4. When collecting events in the list mode, is it possible to reset the time stamp using a periodic external signal?
- Is the MCA4 a Wilkinson or fixed time constant ADC? We are interested in the high energy end of the spectrum (~8V), but vast majority of counts are low energy ~1V. How does FAST stack up against 100 MHz Wilkinson ADC in processing those low energy pulses?
- Is the MCA4 or the MCA4-2 an alternative to the functionality of the MPA-3/2P 2 parameter MPA-3 system? This is for acquisition and display of analog (0-5V) X and Y position data from a position-sensitive detector.
- In the MCA4 it is included a dual fast MCS option. Only two channels? Is it possible to add one more option for the other two channels? Do I need to purchase one TAG bit option for each channel? Is the Replay Software included also in the MCA4-MP2 System?
- What is the MCA4-MPASW2 / 4 software? If it is the multi parameter software for the MCA4-MP2 / 4, it should be supplied with them. Instead, I see the standard MPANT in the description. The configuration of those new systems are not completely clear to me