- Optimum particle separation for plastic liquid scintillators (NE 213, BC 501, BC 505)
- Useful dynamic range > 500:1
- Z-identification for thick surface-barrier detectors
- Particle identification with proportional counters and phoswitch detectors: can be directly connected to a 2128 Constant Fraction Disriminator (bridging input)
- Needs anode signal only
- Count rate capability > 50 khz- with pile up rejection > 500 kHz
- DC coupling
The Model 2160A provides optimum pulse shape separation for liquid scintillation counters. However the applications are not limited to n/g separation,- the 2160A can also be used for particle separation with inorganic scintillators, phoswitches, thick SB-detectors and proportional counters.
The dc coupling allows high statistical count rate without affecting resolution, a major problem of conventional designs.
The single width module is easy to use, since only the anode signal is required from PM tubes.
The 2160A can be used to generate identification spectra with a TAC and MCA or an identification signal for one species of particle (see application diagrams).