The Model 7072T is a unique dual channel device that can operate either as an ultra fast analog-to-digital converter with a fixed conversion time of 500 ns*, a time-to-digital converter (TDC) or an analog SVA . The 7072T is ideally suited for high counting rate applications in energy and time Spectroscopy. The combined ADC/TDC function finds applications in time resolved photon, ion-, neutron- and X-ray imaging.
The built-in Single Channel Analyzer has a separate output on the front panel. This output can be used in the ADC and SVA mode. An analog output is available for monitoring the TDC.
In the SVA mode a voltage level or waveform can be sampled when a gate signal is applied.
*) Conversion time of ADC. For dead time calculation add time-to-peak and 100 ns transfer time to data buffer.
- Three individually selectable modes of operation for each input channel:
- ADC mode with 500 ns Fixed Conversion Time
- TDC mode with <<25 ps Time Resolution
- ADC/SVA (Analog Sampled Voltage Analysis) mode
- Full 8k Conversion Gain and Range
- Dual 10-LED Indicator bar for Instantaneous Dead-Time display, level setting
- Lower Level and Upper Level Discriminator on each ADC input
- Three modes of operation independently selectable for each input channel: Pulse Height Analysis with automatic peak detection / Time-to-Digital conversion and Analog Input Sampling selectable by frontpanel switch
- Simultaneous Single-Channel Output / TDC Monitor
- Designed for easy interfacing to our MCA-3, SPA-3, MPA-3, MPA4, MPA4T multichannel analyzers, MCA's from other manufacturers (special cable and external ADC interface required)