The P7882 is an advanced dual-input Multiscaler / TOF / Photon Counter designed for fast sweep repetition rates and counting rates in excess of 350 MHz (400 MHz typical). The minimum dwell time (time-bin width) is 100 ns, two inputs accept counting rates of >350 MHz each. Both inputs and the START input are equipped with computer adjustable discriminators.
A special design prevents lost counts and double counting of input pulses.
The very large data memory has a 32 bit storage capacity and can be segmented to enable to accumulate successive measurements.
Spectra can be displayed in a two-dimensional array. This can be used to display successive sweeps to make - for example regression studies where even small changes are very visible.
Sweeps can be summed for realtime signal averaging - this means that as a new sweep is acquired it will be added to the sum of previous sweeps.
For the use in remote places an autostore function can be selected that will store spectra and setup parameters at selectable intervalls.
The P7882 can be fully remote controlled by a host computer. "GO"-line compatibility enables the P7882 to start and stop accumulation synchronously with other FAST ComTec products like the MS-12 Timer/Scaler, the Multi Paramer System etc.
Extensive Operating Software is based on the MCDWIN software - a proven - easy to use graphical user interface for mouse and keyboard operation. High resolution display with linear and log scales, autoscaling, ROI, zoom, Gaussian-Fit, FWHM calculation are just a few features MCDWIN offers. Batch processing with MACRO's is a flexible way to allow the user to execute task oriented batch programs.
The interactive display software can be set to display spectra with a high resolution, linear- or log scale. Screen dumps allow text insertion and graphic editing with a variety of tools. This package also supports all graphic output devices installed under WINDOWS XP/Vista/7/8.
A unique feature of the P7882 is the selectable autostore facility. In case of a power failure theP7882 will lose just the last minute of data. As all setup parameters are stored as well, a measurement can be continued as soon as power has returned.
Our 3-Year Warranty covers all types of FAST ComTec Multiscalers.
- Dual Input Multi-Stop Multiscaler with 100 ns / 200 ns time resolution
- Dwell time:
- Using one input: 100 ns to 50s, manual and external
- Using two inputs: 200 ns to 25s, man. and external, programmable in steps of 25ns
- Large 512k S-RAM memory with 32 bit counting capacity for each time bin
- Memory segmentation for sequential spectrum acquisition
- Two Multiscaling Inputs with prog. discriminators, Countrate capability in excess of 350 MHz (400 MHz typical)
- No deadtime between channels, no lost counts or double counting, no end-of-sweep deadtime
- Multiscaling start modes: restart after sweep completed or instant trigger-restart (external start input or by mouse click)
- Presettable Sweep Counter
- Programmable sweep/memory range:
- 1 Input: 256... 512k
- 2 Inputs: 256 ... 256k
- NEW! Memory segmentation for sequential recording of sweeps (and sequential averaging)
- Versatile counting inputs (+/-5V in steps of 2.44 mV) programmable input-threshold-levels for Count1 & Count2 and pos. / neg. slope for Start, 50 Ohms input impedance
- Two Analog Outputs:
- optional 0...10 V, 12bit programmable voltage or X-ramp output with sawtooth
- waveform and programmable start value;
- +/-2.5V or 0...10V (jumper selectable), 12 bit
- Digital I/O for external control of data acquisition, the experiment, samplechanger, alerts etc.
- RAMP DAC X-Ramp, 0...10 V, 12bit, i.e. for external control of HV-supplies, beam-position etc.
- Fully remote-controllable by host computer (RS232C, experiment control line or Ethernet), GO-line compatible for
- easy synchronization to other FAST ComTec products like scalers, counters, etc.
- 32-bit and native 64-bit Operating software MCDWIN for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit and 64-bit included, Drivers available for LINUX
Typical applications are:
- Two input time-resolved Single-Photon-and Ion counting
- DYNAMIC Desorption Studies
- Cross-correlation measurements
- TOF Mass Spectrometry
- Scanning Mass Spectrometers
- Flurescence lifetime studies
- Phosphorescence lifetime studies
- Laser induced chemical reactions
Dwell Time Modes: programmable internal-, external- and manual channel advance
Dwell Time per channel: 100 ns (200 ns for two inputs) to 50 s, progr. in steps of 25 ns, and external
Countrate: 350 MHz, typically >400 MHz
Deadtime between time bins: zero
Bin accuracy (leading/trailing edge) rel. to the Reference Clock +/-0.15ns, typical +/-0.07ns
End-of-sweep deadtime: zero
Trigger Delay: 25ns +/-12.5ns
Abort: ends the sweep at the end of the actual time bin
Trigger / Start uncertainty: < 25 ns
Sweep Preset Range: 1 to 232
START/TRIGGER: +/-5V range, 50 W/1 kW slope and threshold programmable in steps of 2.44mV,
COUNT1 and COUNT2: +/-5V, 50 W/1 kW , falling edge sensitive, threshold programmable in steps of 2.44 mV, count rate capability 350 MHz, typically >400 MHz
EXTERNAL CLOCK: 50 kW, rising edge sensitive
Start/Trigger: LEMO 00 type connector
Count1, Count2: LEMO 00 type connector
Clock/Abort: LEMO 00 type connector
Sync-Out: LEMO 00 type connector
DAC OUT: 0...10V
DIG I/O: 8-bit, very versatile
+5V / 1400mA / 7W typ. (1600mA / 8W max.)